Blog Archive

Friday, August 15, 2008

Meet a Recruiter - Jay Olson, Senior Recruiter, Upper Midwest

It amazes me how in this day and age it has become relatively easy to "meet" people online, yet you might not get to really know them all that well. My hope is that through various posts and contributions to Success Starts Here you'll get to know me a bit better, but I thought it might be nice to give you a picture (both literally and figuratively) of who I am.


My career with McGladrey started almost two years ago. I was actually hired to be the recruiter for the Upper Midwest Economic Unit's (UMEU) Consulting group. I came in, hit the ground running and before you knew it, the Consulting group's positions were being filled pretty quickly. That success garnered the question, "What else could Jay be working on?" The answer: Audit. So now I focus solely on filling Audit positions in the UMEU's five office locations (Minneapolis, Duluth, and Rochester, Minnesota; along with Sioux Falls, South Dakota and La Crosse, Wisconsin). Before coming to McGladrey I really had no idea what an Auditor even did, but my time recruiting for them has really opened my eyes to the amazing people who do a very interesting job. The stereotypical accountant has no place with McGladrey auditors!

I've been working as a recruiter for seven years now. I've done recruiting on both a corporate (UnitedHealth Group) and search firm (RobertHalf) level. I can honestly say that McGladrey is the best environment I've ever been a part of. If you don't believe me, drop me a line...I bet I can convince you!

Since McGladrey is big on the work/life balance I actually have a great life outside of the office. I've been married for eight years and have a son (4) and daughter (1) who take up the majority of my time. We live near Minneapolis which is an amazing town to call home. When I'm not chasing my son around or admiring my daughter's quest to learning to walk, I like to run, play golf, volleyball, softball, and watch movies. And yes, I'll even admit that I am a Playstation 3 fan.

I tend to live my life with the thought of, "you'll never know unless you ask." So, if you want to know anything else about me, please, just ask!

If you're interested in a couple of the jobs I'm working hard to fill check out the links below:
Audit Manager - Construction/Real Estate
Audit Manager - Health Care / Non Profit
Audit Manager - Manufacturing Wholesale Distribution
Audit Senior Associate - Manufacturing Wholesale Distribution

No comments: