Blog Archive

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meet a Recruiter, B.J. Snelling, National Recruiting


"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both..."
This is the introductory line from one of my favorite poems The Road not Taken, by Robert Frost.
I think of this poem often as I look back upon my choices and the different paths I have taken in my career and personal life. One of these paths led me to RSM McGladrey, and how glad I am I chose to venture down that road!

I started with RSM McGladrey as a contract recruiter working with our Experienced Hire Recruiting team based in Chicago, IL. Within six months, I had moved in to a full time recruiting role working to hire for our Tax, Audit, and Consulting practices within the Great Lakes area.
Last October, I joined our National Recruiting Team, where I have been a part of various recruiting related projects. While I miss recruiting and working directly with candidates, I enjoy having the chance to work internally with our recruiters from across the country! Some of the initiatives I have been able to participate in include development of a recruiting community intranet site, new hire training, and helping to re-launch our Employee Referral Site and our Internal Career Center Site.

In addition to new paths in my professional life, I have also had several recent adventures in my personal life. Last summer, my husband, Anthony and I welcomed a new addition to our family, our baby daughter, Abigail. Her older brother, Ben who is 8, enjoys playing with her and reading books to her. I guess she is still at the age where she does not bother him yet! So, you can imagine my spare time is spent walking to the park, swimming with the kids, attending my son's soccer and baseball games, and when there is time taking a well-deserved rest! Recently, we just packed up the family and made the decision to move to Denver, CO - where we now call home for just about three weeks! It was tough to leave the great city of Chicago, but being in Denver affords us the opportunity to be closer to our family - something we did not have during our time in Chicago. I have to say, that I still have to pinch myself when I see the mountains at my doorstep each day.

I'm excited to be a contributor to this blog! My hope is to be able to provide answers to various questions that may come in from time to time from individuals visiting our site and our Career Center. Be sure to check out the upcoming 'Ask B.J.' posts on the blog- coming soon!
In the mean-time, have fun reading and learning more about who we are! Feel free to ask those questions, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog, thanks for the insight and congratulations on your move to Denver!