Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Meet A Recruiter - Ben Gotkin, National Recruiting

Success starts here will have numerous contributors, and they will be introducing themselves to you in the coming weeks. Since I have put up most of the posts so far, I'll go ahead and introduce myself to you first.

I joined McGladrey over a year and a half ago as the National Director of Experienced-Hire Recruiting. Essentially, I help the company establish it's large scale experienced-hire recruiting strategy, and lead the development of programs that have a national impact. I've been a Recruiter my entire career, with prior stints at organizations including MITRE, Intelsat, and BAE Systems.

I've also been a blogger for the past few years, starting with a personal blog that I kept up for a couple of years (no longer active), and a blog about recruiting called ...from the trenches, which I ran for about 18 months. More recently, I've been contributing to a great Ning community for recruiters called RecruitingBlogs.com.

Related to my interests and experience in social media, I really enjoy getting involved with and/or leading community building and collaborative initiatives. Recruiting is all about relationships, and I'm constantly aiming to find new ways to connect great people with each other.

On a personal level, I'm a third-generation Washingtonian (I always introduce myself like that, it's actually pretty rare, DC being such a transient town). I have a wonderful family including my wife of 12 years and our two boys. I'm also an avid reader (mostly blogs and non-fiction), big local sports fan (Go Terps, Skins, Nationals, Wizards, Caps, United!!!), and am very quickly becoming addicted to our new Wii.

So, that's a little bit about me. I look forward to sharing more with you again soon.

No comments: