Blog Archive

Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Clear to Me Why I Chose McGladrey to Begin My Career

Written by Heather Tangradi
Assurance Associate
Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at McGladrey for two years now.  As I look back, I can remember my first interview as if it were yesterday. It is still clear to me why I chose McGladrey over my other options. I was looking for an opportunity to work with individuals that operate in a team environment that encourages the success of others.  During the interview process, I was treated as part of the team and I could see myself coming to work here every day.  In addition, I felt that I would be provided with the opportunity to work on many different industries, and I would gain a well rounded experience while also being able to move up in within the company rather quickly.

At the beginning of my first busy season, I was anxious and a bit nervous as to what was expected of me. From the first engagement through the last engagement during my first busy season I received an incredible amount of encouragement and guidance. After my first busy season it was clear how important the CPA license is to the accounting profession. I was encouraged by my co-workers from associates through partners on the importance of completing the CPA exam. There are many opportunities available when you graduate college and I encourage you to get a jump start on the exam. Unlike other firms, McGladrey will make time available to you to study and take the test, by providing you with study days in addition to your test days.  I would encourage anyone starting out in accounting to take advantage of the time given to you to study and to pass the exam as soon as possible.  It will only become harder as you move up the chain and as your personal life begins to blossom. 

The amount of encouragement and opportunities that I have been given over the last couple of years has been astonishing. As I look back over the last two years I find it hard to believe how much I have grown my network and my accounting knowledge. At McGladrey, I was given the tools and resources to learn more about the accounting industry then I could have ever imagined.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a good start for you, not all people have a good start in choosing their career. There are so many trials and problems you have to pass for you to become a successful one. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. It can be an inspiration for other people.


career guide