Blog Archive

Friday, February 26, 2016

RSM and me...

As a recruiter, I have the opportunity to not just fill open positions, but to help others make a change in their lives as they take the next step within their career.  I had the opportunity to connect with Lisa Miller while conducting a search for our Phoenix office, which eventually turned into a hire. But for Lisa, it was a new chapter within her own path.  Hear from Lisa first-hand about her journey with RSM...

RSM and me…
Lisa Miller, CPA
Client Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ
I feel so lucky to have joined RSM.  It was somewhat of a fluke that I even put in an application.  I was rejoining the workforce after being a work-at-home mom for over 15 years.  I was mainly going through Monster and other placement services.  I occasionally checked Craigslist and the local newspaper.  When I saw a listing on Craigslist for McGladrey (at the time), I was surprised and excited.  You see, in 1998 when I graduated with my Master’s degree, McGladrey & Pullen was on my short list.  I ended up going to work at my first choice, which didn’t work out, partially because I decided to start a family.

I set up a phone interview (how easy is that?!), which I felt went very well.  I really hit it off with the interviewer.  I was so excited when I got a call back for an in-person interview.  Again, I really hit it off with my interviewers.  After my interview, I felt very confident that I was going to get an offer.  I just felt a really strong rapport with all three people I got to know during the process.  These first two contacts were representative of my whole experience at RSM.  I feel like I have joined a team of good people, that care about each other, that care about the company, and that care about our clients.  Everybody has been extremely welcoming and helpful.  I’ve been encouraged to aim high, and have been given the tools I feel will make my goals achievable.  Thank you, RSM, for a great opportunity!  I look forward to a long, rewarding relationship.

No comments: