Blog Archive

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tales from an Associate - Oh, the places you'll go with McGladrey!

By Camille Hefner
Charlotte, NC
Assurance Associate


My first few months at McGladrey have been quite the adventure. As an assurance associate I have traveled within Charlotte and even to training in Chicago. In addition I have traveled to other local engagements and even some overnight trips out of town.

While at training in Chicago we learned about Caseware and working as an auditor. In addition we spent most of our time working in groups and talking through the examples and scenarios that we will have at work. This helped me get comfortable asking questions and working with others to problem solve at work.


At training we were also given the opportunity to build bikes for young children. At the end of the night we gave the bikes to the kids and the look on their faces was priceless. I also had the opportunity to try the deep dish Chicago style pizza for the first time and I am hooked. 

McGladrey has provided me with an opportunity to also travel back to my hometown of Hickory. I was fortunate enough to be on an engagement where I could spend time close to my family. Although it has only been a few short months, I have enjoyed all of the opportunities to travel with my job.
Deep dish Chicago pizza

No comments: